DEFENSE Rip-Lip™ +3 9mm, +2 .40 Basepad Kit
For Glock 17,19,22,23,26,27,34,35,45 Gen 2-5 Glock factory magazines
- Ideal for Compact and Subcompact Glock pistols
- +3 rounds in 9mm, +2 rounds in .40, reloadable positive seating
- Positive magazine seating. Works with most magwells.
- Rip-Lip™ feature with Tracktion™ cuts for tactical applications
- Pistol grip channel remains unobstructed with seated magazine
- No Loctite or adhesives. Simple installation. Easy on & off. Retention screw will not overtighten.
- Guaranteed function with weapon mounted lights
- Aluminum material. Dark grey, hard anodize finish.
- Kit includes one Rip-Lip™ basepad, an extra-power magazine spring, retention screw and hex key
- Functions with factory magazine spring. Optional extra power spring included.
- Extra power 12-coil spring fits G17 Gen 4 and Gen 5 followers. Trim magazine spring to length to fit compact and subcompact tubes.
- Basepad fits straight on full-size magazines. Slightly canted on Compact and Subcompact magazines.
- Engraved Sevigny Performance™ logo
- Made in the USA by Springer Precision
- Dimensions: 1.200” wide x 1.700” long x 1.030” tall, Weight: 1.2 ounces
Rip-Lip™ Instructions for Glock Factory Magazines
Magazine springs are under load pressure. Use caution during installation and disassembly.
Always wear safety glasses and always keep bottom of magazine pointed in a safe direction.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to back out basepad screw to clear magazine channel during assembly or disassembly. Always keep the basepad slot in line with the magazine when sliding on and off. Failure to do so may result in damage to the magazine.
- STEP 1 DISASSEMBLE MAGAZINE COMPONENTS
Carefully remove the factory magazine basepad. If you are unfamiliar with this process, refer to your Glock owners manual.
You will not need the magazine insert or the magazine floorplate for Rip-Lip™ assembly.
- STEP 2 MAGAZINE SPRING SELECTION & EXTRA POWER SPRING TRIMMING
Rip-Lip™ basepads will function with Glock factory magazine springs without modification of the spring, however, we recommend using the provided 12-coil extra power magazine spring especially when using weapon mounted lights or shooting one-handed. The included extra power spring is compatible with Gen 4 and Gen 5 followers. Cut to length and shape bottom of spring as needed.
Refer to the selection guide below to choose which magazine spring is best for you.
Magazine spring selection guide
G17/22 Full-size: Use Glock factory 10&11 -coil magazine springs orthe supplied extra power magazine spring. No modification necessary.
G19/23 Compact: Use Glock factory 9-coil magazine spring ortrim the supplied extra power magazine spring to 11,10 or 9-coils. Test to suit.
G26/27 Subcompact: Use Glock factory 9-coil magazine spring ortrim the supplied extra power magazine spring to 10 or 9-coils. Test to suit.
TIP: Once you trim the supplied extra power spring to length, shape the bottom of the spring the same as a factory magazine spring. Once the spring and follower are in the tube with the basepad assembled, there should be enough follower tension to engage the slide stop lever in the pistol under live-fire recoil conditions with a weapon mounted light attached and/or while shooting one-handed. There may be some trial and error to get the desired result. When in doubt, leave the spring long enough to test and trim as needed. Test fire long before trimming the spring too short.
- STEP 3 ATTACH FOLLOWER TO MAGAZINE SPRING
With the magazine spring type and coil length established, attach the factory magazine follower to the magazine spring. Set the magazine spring and follower to the side until STEP 6.
- STEP 4 TEST FIT OF MAGAZINE TUBE & Rip-Lip™ withoutFOLLOWER & MAGAZINE SPRING
This step is designed to test the basepad fit. While holding the Rip-Lip™ basepad, using the supplied hex key, loosen the retention screw enough for the threaded screw tip to clear the basepad slot. BE SURE THE SCREW CLEARS THE SLOT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE.Test the fit of the basepad and magazine tube withoutthe spring and follower. The basepad will fit tight and snap into place on the magazine tube once fully engaged.
- STEP 5 SET THE RETENTION SCREW
With the basepad fully engaged and in place on the magazine tube, tighten the retention screw until flush with the basepad bottom. The screw will bite into the bottom of the magazine polymer to secure the basepad in place. Now, loosen the screw so most of the screw head is visible. This will ensure the screw tip clears the basepad slot. This will allow you to slide the basepad off for final assembly.
- STEP 6 FINAL ASSEMBLY withFOLLOWER & MAGAZINE SPRING
Keeping the bottom of the magazine pointed in a safe direction, (1) Install follower and spring into the magazine tube, (2) Compress the bottom of the spring flush or below the magazine bottom while sliding the basepad onto the magazine, (3) Maintain pressure on both the spring and basepad, (4) Continue pressing the spring bottom while sliding the basepad fully into place, (5) Tighten the cap screw until flush with the basepad bottom.
Enjoy your new extra capacity, Rip-Lip™ basepad!
CAUTION! Install Rip-Lip™ basepads only on magazine tubes that are new or in excellent condition. Dropping or striking the basepad on hard surfaces may cause separation of the magazine from the basepad. If separation occurs, be sure to back out the basepad retention screw before re-assembling the magazine components and installing the basepad.
|“GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of Glock, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by Glock, Inc. or Glock Ges.m.b.H.|
|Sevigny Performance is an independent dealer of parts and accessories for Glock® pistols, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Glock, Inc. or Glock Ges.m.b.H. The use of Glock on this page is for the purpose of selling Glock parts or components. As indicated in the product descriptions, not all parts and accessories on this site are official Glock products.